Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sea Glass - Anita Shreve: Trish's review

Title: Sea Glass
Author: Anita Shreve
Pages: 376
Rating: 4.25/5

This is my fourth Shreve book and my favorite so far (coming in second is The Weight of Water). I picked this up at a booksale and read it for Something About Me - based on Library Lady and Beachreader's selections--thanks ladies!!

Anyway, this book is about a number of characters who are drastically different from one another but manage to come together for a common cause. The book takes place during 1929-1930--the first difference from the other books I've read which are more contemporary--and follows each of the main characters instead of a select two or so--which is also different. Among the characters there is Honora, the naive young wife of Sexton who is not always entirely honest. McDermott, a lower class factory worker who takes in the young Alphonse under his wing. And Vivian, an upperclass socialite who gets mixed in with the others at first just for something to do.

The rest of the review is on my blog: HERE The only book left on my list is Pride and Prejudice!!

No comments: