Friday, June 29, 2007

Dewey's reading choices

My reading choices:

I made my choices earlier this month, because I realized that with so many books on my list so far, I just had to draw the line and stop adding to it, no matter how tempting other people's picks might be! If I finish these early, though, I will go through the lists again and pick more. I also started reading early and have read a couple already.


1. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomer.(Tiny Little Librarian): How could I not have read this already? HOW? (Finished: review here.) I've got the second book from the library already!


2. So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson (also a.book.in.the.life): Definitely! I have been dying to read this. (This is my next book to read.)

3. The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby (Athena): Probably. If I can mooch it. It's been on my wishlist a while. I like Hornby; he's not one of my favorite-favorites, but I try to read all his books.

4. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield (Kristin). Finished: review here.

5. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm by Kate Douglas Wiggin (Stephanie) I read this as a kid, but I don't really remember it, so I'll reread it.

6. Oh My Goth by Gena Showalter (also Stephanie): This sounds like a really fun YA book.

7. Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (Suey): I saw this available at DailyLit, so I might reread it that way.

8. Luncheon of the Boating Party by Susan Vreeland (3M): Definitely -- on my TBR list anyway.

9. The Five Gifts of Illness (Dana): I hadn't heard of this before, but I think I should read it.

10. The End of Faith by Sam Harris (Judith's pick). I've had this on my TBR pile for a while.

11. Chocolat by Joanne Harris (Chasida). I love this movie and have no idea why I've never read the book!

12. Stick Kid by Peter Holwitz (JMC's pick). Finished: review here. JMC: I've seen a couple people say they want to read this, and at least one blogger mentioned buying it!

3 comments:

Dewey said...

Sorry some people are linked and some are not. I got like 10 error notices trying to post this, and I eventually gave up.

Lisa said...

Stick Kid will definitely be on my list!

kookie said...

I'm going to be reading 'Oh My, Goth', as well, Dewey. That should be interesting.