Saturday, June 30, 2007

Jill's Reading List

I had quite a hard time deciding on which books to read for this challenge. Congratulations to the group for posting such wonderful novels. I am new to challenges and do not know many members yet; I am looking forward to gaining some insight into your personalities!

Here are my "main" picks plus some "alternates" for this challenge:

MAIN SELECTIONS

1) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Alyson, Lucca) - I plan on reading Geraldine Brook's March for the Book Awards Challenge, but I wanted to brush up on the girls before I do.
2) Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote (Lucca) - A great excuse to finally read Capote!
3) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (SheReads-Diane) - This book is burning a hole on my bookshelf. I must get to it soon!
4) The Red Tent by Anita Diamante (Sarah Miller) - I always wanted to read this book - I am beginning to enjoy Biblical Fiction.
5) Chocolat by Joanne Harris (Chasida, Margo) - I loved Five Quarters of an Orange, and I loved this movie, and I love chocolate! I can't believe I haven't read this book.
6) Blindness by Jose Saramago (Vasilly) - I share a lot of reading tastes with Vasilly, and she lists this one as one of her favorites - plus I can use it for the Book Awards Challenge.

ALTERNATES
1) The Archivist's Story by Travis Holland (Alyson) - This sounds like an intriguing story though I will wait for more reader reviews before I commit to reading.
2) I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles (Soleil) - I enjoyed reading some of Philippa Gregory's Tudor stories and thought this would be a nice addition.
3) The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella (Margo) - Kinsella's books are perfect after reading deep, complicated fiction - perfect for the poolside!

No comments: