Saturday, October 13, 2007

High Fidelity - Nick Hornby: Trish's Review

Title: High Fidelity
Author: Nick Hornby
Pages: 322
Rating: 4.5/5

High Fidelity is one of my favorite movies--John Cusack one of my favorite actors--so I was a little worried about what my reception of the book was going to be, especially since I really didn't like Big Fish (the book--read it last month). Anyway, I really enjoyed this book and am glad that I just happened to pick up some of his other books at a booksale a few months ago. (Incidentally About A Boy is another movie I really enjoy--just realized they are the same author).

High Fidelity is the story of Rob and Laura, a couple who has recently broken up. What I love about this book is that the perspective is all Rob's, and Rob is a little bit neurotic and way too analytical. He reminds me of my hero Bridget Jones--except a male version and not quite so silly.

The rest of my review can be found on my blog.


Rhinoa chose this book as her pick: "Another of my favourite authors. This one looks at music (another hobby of mine being a part-time DJ) and the main characters love making lists much like me. The humour is great and it translated really well from London in the book to the USA in the film."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for picking one of my books Trish. I am really glad you enjoyed it and thought it translated well into film. I hope you enjoy reading About A Boy as well and you should try A Long Way Down too.