Tuesday, July 10, 2007

EnnaVic's Reading List

This was hard - what a lot of great books I would like to either read / re-read. I whittled it down to these:

  1. To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee (F) (I have read this before but was over 20 years ago and it seemed to be pretty much the top pick for greatest US novel in a recent Booking Through Thursday.) - From Janet and Stephanie's suggestion lists
  2. The Tale of Despereaux by Kate diCamillo (JuvF) (Have just got a copy of this and intend to read to my kids) - from Booklogged's suggestion list
  3. A Wrinkle in Time by Madeline L'Engle (JuvF) (I feel sure I must have read this as a kid but can't remember it and it keeps being mentioned so would like to read / refresh my memory of it) - from Juli's suggestion list
  4. The Other Boleyn Girl by Phillippa Gregory (F) (I'm a history buff - particularly the Tudors, Victorian England, NZ, and the Romanovs) - from Margo's suggestion list
  5. The Dance of the Dissident Daughter by Sue Monk Kidd (NF) (I had The Secret Life of Bees on my suggestion list so this sounded interesting) - from Bonnie's suggestion list

And 2 extra's (at the moment *chuckle)
  • Penguin History of New Zealand by Michael King (NF) (this was off my list and is supposed to be a really good read, so I have added it as an extra here so that I will actually read it. Also in the faint hope that a family member might take the hint and get me a copy for my birthday. *g*) - from my own suggestion list
  • Nicholas and Alexandra by Robert Massie (NF) (I have lots of books about N&A but haven't yet read this one) - from Kristin's suggestion list
I have also read a frightening number of books off the lists so will probably join in other discussions along the way.

Just a thought: It would be pretty cool to eventually (post Challenge) have a copy of all the suggestion lists available in a downloadable file. There are some really great books suggested there and I am sure I would refer back to it later if I had a copy on my drive.

No comments: