Friday, December 14, 2007

Challenge Completed!

I made pretty good progress with the "Something About Me" reading challenge- finishing all of my main selections plus most of my alternates. I don't think I can squeak in I, Elizabeth before the year's end, so I will officially declare this challenge completed! Please check out my blog if you're interested in reading any of my reviews on these books.

Thanks to Lisa for hosting this challenge and to all of the participants who offered up so many great books to read!


MAIN SELECTIONS COMPLETED
1) Little Women by Louisa May Alcott (Alyson, Lucca) - I plan on reading Geraldine Brook's March for the Book Awards Challenge, but I wanted to brush up on the girls before I do. Completed September 16, 2007
2) Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote (Lucca) - A great excuse to finally read Capote! Completed September 3, 2007
3) A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini (SheReads) - This book is burning a hole on my bookshelf. I must get to it soon! Completed September 30, 2007
4) The Red Tent by Anita Diamante (Sarah Miller) - I always wanted to read this book - I am beginning to enjoy Biblical Fiction. Completed August 25, 2007
5) Chocolat by Joanne Harris (Chasida, Margo) - I loved Five Quarters of an Orange, and I loved this movie, and I love chocolate! I can't believe I haven't read this book. Completed August 18, 2007
6) Blindness by Jose Saramago (Vasilly) - I share a lot of reading tastes with Vasilly, and she lists this one as one of her favorites - plus I can use it for the Book Awards Challenge. Completed August 12, 2007

ALTERNATES COMPLETED
1) The Archivist's Story by Travis Holland (Alyson) - This sounds like an intriguing story though I will wait for more reader reviews before I commit to reading. Completed July 23, 2007
2) The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella (Margo) - Kinsella's books are perfect after reading deep, complicated fiction - perfect for the poolside! Completed October 12 2007

DIDN'T COMPLETE
1) I, Elizabeth by Rosalind Miles (Soleil) - I enjoyed reading some of Philippa Gregory's Tudor stories and thought this would be a nice addition.

No comments: