Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Harry Potter

I didn't originally choose Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in this challenge (and indeed, you will not find it on my list); however, I decided to write a bit about it as I've just finished all seven books in the series.

I wasn't going to let my daughter read these until I'd read them, mainly because of the swirl of controversy surrounding them. But to my surprise, I really enjoyed them, and I couldn't put them down. In fact, I had to check them out of the library 2 and 3 at a time, because I wanted to start the next one right after finishing the previous one!

This morning, shortly after midnight, I finished the seventh and final installment. They were really, really good books. Controversy? Well, those who want to find it can surely find it if they look (after all, anyone looking for something to complain about, will find it!).

Because it's looking doubtful that I'll finish my Something About Me list, I wish to submit the seven HP books as substitutes for the ones I didn't get to.

No comments: