Thursday, September 20, 2007

(Lack of) progress report

A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson

I'm trying to read this book. I really am. I picked it from Raidergirl3's list because it's been on my shelf for ages and it's high time I learned a thing or two about science.

I'd planned to listen to the audio version because I love listening to Bill Brysn read, but I got fooled -- Bryson *doesn't* read the unabridged edition. This seriously complicates things. I really don't have time to wade through the print version, and the narrator -- a slightly stuffy British fellow -- isn't doing a darn thing for me. Mostly, I just sit in the car and imagine how much better the book would be if Bryson were doing the reading instead....

1 comment:

raidergirl3 said...

I'd say give it a break. Don't struggle through if you are not enjoying it. Bryson is so wonderfully humorous, so you should be getting his full effect.