Saturday, August 25, 2007

a.book.in.the.life review- The Penderwicks


Firstly here is my list of choices from other peoples books as I don't think I had posted it yet!
Enduring Love by Ian McEwan (F) chosen by Kristin. I have also wanted to read another McEwan after enjoying Atonement so this seemed a perfect time to try another.
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen (F) chosen by Pattie. I have started a restarted this book several times and really want to finish it, so this will help me along.
- The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (F) chosen by Julie. As a teacher I am always looking out for new children’s books and I really liked the sound of this one.
- Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote (F) chosen by Lucca. After reading To Kill a Mockingbird recently and looking up the life of Harper Lee I was interested by her friendship with Capote.
- The World According to Garp by John Irving (F) chosen by Dewey and Chasida. I have seen Irving mentioned a few times on other people’s blogs and again thought this would be an ideal time to try him out!

I have just finished the first of my books for the challenge which was The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall. This book was chosen by Julie who says "The Penderwicks, a summer tale of four sisters, two rabbits and a very interesting boy I was an only child and wished I had a fun family like this to grow up around"

I really enjoyed this book, as a primary school teacher I am always looking for new treasures to read to my classes! My full review is here and so on to the rest of the books in the challenge.

p.s. I hope I did this right!

2 comments:

Pattie said...

About Capote: I have seen both films released last year about him: Capote and Infamous. I liked Capote better, but I think Toby Jones in Infamous did a better job of portraying Capote himself. "Mockingbird" the bio of Harper Lee, did a super job of explaining the relationship between Lee and Capote, and it was a fascinating read.

a.book.in.the.life said...

Thanks Pattie, I haven't seen either of the films but they are definitely of interest- I will look into them thanks!