Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Wuthering Heights Bookworms review

I've just finished my second book from my list.
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.
I enjoyed this book very much. It's not what I expected at all.
Being partial to the classics, I enjoyed it and actually got through it quickly. For some reason, I expected this book to be like "Gone With the Wind'...I was so wrong.

Anyway, what is 'Wuthering Heights'? It's a house. With a name like 'wuthering' (which I can't find in the dictionary by the way) I expected this to be a romance novel. Supposedly 'wuthering' is a Yorkshire word that refers to turbulent weather.

I kept hearing this is a 'gothic romance'. It is dark and gothic. It is a love story, but not just that. It's about death and revenge as well.
....
read the rest of my review here....
:)

3 comments:

1morechapter said...

I really like Wuthering Heights. It is a dark book, though.

You should see the movie with Ralph Fiennes and Juliette Binoche. Very well done.

The Bookworm said...

really? I've never seen the movie version, I'll have to check it out. I enjoyed the book alot.
:)

Chris said...

One of my favs!