Sunday, August 26, 2007

My Reads So Far

Hi everyone!

So far, I've read:

Durable Goods by Elizabeth Berg - Decent. I have to say that I liked Joy School more than Durable Goods. I accidentally read Joy School first. I am a stickler for reading series and sequences in order, but, when I first picked up Joy School in the library years ago, I did not know that it followed another book.

Feline Mystique by Cleo Simon - This book made me cry. I couldn't even get it out of the library. I had to go somewhere, and I knew if I checked it out right then and there, I'd just go home, read the sad parts, and curl up in a ball on my floor. I have been the proud owner of - or should I say, I myself have been proudly owned by - three beautiful cats, Twinkie, Hollywood, and Spooky.

Postsecret by Frank Warren - Sympathy. Empathy. Shock. No matter what you feel when looking through this book, you will FEEL, and you will think. That's the point.

I'd love to hear what people think of the books I chose!

Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
The NeverEnding Story by Michael Ende
Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery
The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
Body Bags by Christopher Golden

I will be posting about the series Body of Evidence (Body Bags being the first of ten books) at my blog tomorrow as part of the Radar Recommendations project, which was the brainchild of Colleen at the Chasing Ray blog.

My list of five books posted at the Challenge blog.

My post about the Challenge at my blog, Bildungsroman.

2 comments:

holly cupala said...

Little Willow, I've read 4 of your 5 (Body Bags? Mmmm, intriguing!), and they are among my favorite books ever! The Neverending Story is also on my list. If you were like me, maybe you watched the movie over...and over and over and over...until you had every line memorized, were utterly in love with Noah Hathaway, and snitched one of your mom's necklaces in order to dress up like The Golden Eyed Commander of Wishes while you practiced those immortal words, "Bastian, pleeeeeaaase! Save Us!" And THEN discovered the book, which was ever so much more worthy of obsession...

And the others...Anne, Alice, the crazy Westing Game cast...LOVED them. Although I didn't discover the Westing Game until I was on a Newbery kick as an adult. What a great read!

Holly

valentina said...

I'm with you there: I watched the film over and over and new every line and I looooved Atreyu. Then I read the book:)