Friday, August 10, 2007

Review: Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

Last week I read "Number the Stars", for the Something About Me reading challenge. Two of Lois Lowry's books were nominated, and after reading this one, I'm hoping for time to read "The Giver" as well. This is a very well developed short novel, and I really enjoyed it. I must say, I've read many books about German children during World War II, and never one about Danish children during World War II. I'm sure in some high school history class I probably knew that Denmark was occupied by the Nazis, but it gave me no more of a passing fancy than that. This book gives you yet another perspective of those who were terrorized by the Nazi regime. Oh, and did I say it made me want to visit the Netherlands? Lois Lowry will be hearing more from me.

I'm kinda getting into this YA genre! Oh yay, another 10,000 books for my TBR list. Great.

1 comment:

tinylittlelibrarian said...

I hear ya! When I'm ordering the YA for our library, I add tons to my TBR list. And then they start coming in a few months later and I find MORE to add! It's getting a bit out of control. But I'm glad there's so much good YA stuff out there.