Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bookworms Chocolat review

I just finished my 3rd book for this challenge :)

Chocolat by Joanne Harris
I enjoyed this book. It was a soft, easy read. It starts off slow at first, then begins to take off. I have seen the film version and liked it alot, maybe even more than the book. The movie is different from the book in alot of ways.

Vianne Rocher and her 6 year old daughter Anouk come to the village of Lansquenet-sous-Tannes. Vianne opens up a tempting chocolate shop, called 'La CĂ©leste Praline', during Lent no less, and across from the village church. The priest Francis Reynaud begins to preach against Vianne and her chocolate shop and discourages the villagers to enter or befriend Vianne. Vianne is also a bit psychic. She makes friends with a few of the villagers and Gypsies who come to town as well.


...read the rest of my review here

No comments: