Friday, August 3, 2007

The View from Saturday

i've finished my first book for this challenge - E. L. Konigsburg's The View from Saturday, from Sarah Miller's list. i've posted a brief review on my book blog. (by the way, Sarah's blog, which i'd never visited until now, is here.)

this is what Sarah had said about it:

I honestly can't tell you exactly what it is that makes me love this book so much. The way everything fits together appeals to me - how with the characters and the story itself, the whole is equal to more than the sum of the parts. I also love the haven these kids create for themselves.

i completely understand what she means about the whole being equal to more than the sum of the parts! this book is well-crafted - as well as a delightful story.

i've been meaning to read this book - the 1997 Newbery Medal Winner - for a number of years. thanks for putting it on your list, Sarah, to give me a little motivation to get it read!

1 comment:

Dewey said...

I just finished this book, too, but haven't posted anything about it yet.