Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Finally posting my TBR list....

I'm off to a slow start, but at least I'm not the only one! Here are my picks:

1. From Historia's list, 84 Charing Cross Road, because ages ago when I worked at the library Elaine told me I'd love it.

2. From Becky's list, These Happy Golden Years, even though I did read it a long time ago. This will be an excellent excuse to listen to Cherry Jones read the audio edition. Besides, this time I will read in the context of Beckiness. ;)

3. From Little Willow's list, The Neverending Story, because I've only seen the movie.

4. From Wendy's list, The Borrowers, because in anticipation of choice #5, I'm going to need a shortie, and it just seems like someone who sells children's books ought to be someone who has read The Borrowers.

5. And even though I know darn well I will live to regret this, my final pick is the very enormous A Short History of Nearly Everything from Raidergirl3's list, because I've had it on my shelf for at least two years now and I'm tired of feeling guilty every time I see it.


Plus, if I get really ambitious, I'll read Jane Eyre (Kathrin's list) because my Aunt Wanda gave me a copy at least ten years ago and I'm very embarrassed to admit that I Still. Haven't. Read. It. (But don't feel bad, Aunt Wanda -- Uncle Bob gave me The Hobbit when I was 13 and I didn't read it until after he died.)

5 comments:

valentina said...

Happy reading!But don't leave Jane Eyre lying there unread for too long!

Keetha said...

84 Charing Cross Road has been on my TBR list forever! I can't wait to hear about it!

raidergirl3 said...

Good luck with the 'short' history of everything. There are definite divisions in the book - geology, chemistry, biology, etc, so it would be easy to read chunks at a time.
I am reading Jane Eyre right now and really enjoying it. I thought it would be like Pride and Prejudice, but it feels more like Anne of GG to me. Not really the same, but same feel?

Heather said...

I am reading Jane Eyre right now. I am head over heels in love.

Unknown said...

Oh Sarah, I just read your post and realized that the link goes to my old blog :) Thanks!