1. From Historia's list, 84 Charing Cross Road, because ages ago when I worked at the library Elaine told me I'd love it.
2. From Becky's list, These Happy Golden Years, even though I did read it a long time ago. This will be an excellent excuse to listen to Cherry Jones read the audio edition. Besides, this time I will read in the context of Beckiness. ;)
3. From Little Willow's list, The Neverending Story, because I've only seen the movie.
4. From Wendy's list, The Borrowers, because in anticipation of choice #5, I'm going to need a shortie, and it just seems like someone who sells children's books ought to be someone who has read The Borrowers.
5. And even though I know darn well I will live to regret this, my final pick is the very enormous A Short History of Nearly Everything from Raidergirl3's list, because I've had it on my shelf for at least two years now and I'm tired of feeling guilty every time I see it.
Plus, if I get really ambitious, I'll read Jane Eyre (Kathrin's list) because my Aunt Wanda gave me a copy at least ten years ago and I'm very embarrassed to admit that I Still. Haven't. Read. It. (But don't feel bad, Aunt Wanda -- Uncle Bob gave me The Hobbit when I was 13 and I didn't read it until after he died.)